5 Ways to Unwind Over the Busy Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The holiday season can be so full of hustle and bustle that sometimes you forget to relax and take it all in! It is the most wonderful time of the year after all! Here are some of our favorite ways to unwind during the season:

1. Christmas Movies

The 25 Days of Christmas on Freeform is a great place to start. Grab a mug of hot cocoa and check out the schedule here. Elf & The Polar Express are my personal favorites!

2. Be Festive

Decorate your dorm/apartment with lights, wreaths, a small Christmas tree, stockings for each roommate, poinsettias, etc. Have fun with it!

3. Bake Holiday Goods

Whether it’s the Pillsbury sugar cookies with holiday icons on them or your favorite homemade holiday delight, baking with friends is always a way to relieve the stress of finals!

4. Retail Therapy

The holidays are always a great time to save with the amount of deals starting on Black Friday and continuing throughout the entire holiday season. Whether you’re clicking away on your laptop or hitting the mall, shopping is always guaranteed to make you feel better!

5. Take A Trip To NYC

Plan a trip to NYC with some friends or your significant other to enjoy the beautifully decorated city during the holidays. Stop at the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree, the Bryant Park Christmas Tree, go ice skating, check out the Christmas Spectacular with the Radio City Rockettes & enjoy the Macy’s Holiday Light Show at night. Don’t forget to snap that basic tree photo to post on Instagram!

I am from Long Island, New York. I currently attend Fairfield University and I am pursuing a major in Finance and minors in Mathematics and Economics. 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com