princess polly leather jacket
princess polly leather jacket
Photo via Princess Polly
Style

5 Ways to Style Baggy Jeans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

As of recently, a lot of cute trends have been steering away from the tight, skinny jeans look and back into the baggy, mom/ boyfriend jean craze. The fun thing about baggy jeans is that there are so many different ways to style them! Here are a few:

1. The Crop Top

Can’t go wrong with baggy jeans and a cute cropped top, tight or loose. It is the best for an adorable, yet comfortable look! Now’s the time to show off your coolest belt too!  

1. Bodysuit

A nice tight bodysuit tucking into baggy bottoms is another trendy look. Whether that bodysuit is long sleeve, t-shirt, or tank straps, it’ll give you a nice, sleek look everyone will be complimenting! Might even look awesome with your favorite high-heels!

1. Graphic Tee

You all have a few of those graphic tees you see online or in stores that say something ridiculous about NASA, Polaroid, Peace, or Los Angeles… whatever it might be, that you love for no reason besides how cute they look on! Grab one of those, cropped or oversized, and pair it with your baggy jeans, and you’ll look amazing and trendy! Throw on some fun sneakers for a completed look! 

1. Tight Under-Shirt and Cardigan

Another cute look with baggy jeans is a tight tank top, under a pretty, opened cardigan. The tight tank compliments the loose pants, while keeping your arms warm with the cardigan at the same time. This always looks great with a layered necklace and some bracelets! 

1. Even More Bagginess! 

While you’ve moved onto the baggy jeans, you might as well keep at it and toss on your favorite oversized sweater, jacket, or flannel. Can’t go wrong with the loose-look! Dress it up with a pair of booties!

I find baggy jeans so comfy, stylish, and easy to pair with all different styles and tops, especially ones that are high-waisted! Collegiettes ~ here is your sign to go buy a few, happy shopping! 

Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.