5 Ways to Pamper Yourself in Your Dorm Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Have you ever had a super stressful day that left you exhausted? Stupid question, considering we’re all in college. These days are bound to happen once in a while; you dropped coffee on your new shirt, you received a low test grade that you studied so hard for, Fairfield wifi is really interrupting your Netflix session- the list goes on and on. It’s best to stay positive and know things will get better. Of course your studies are extremely important, but you want to make sure you’re taking care of yourself too. Every collegiette needs a spa night once in a while! Here are 5 ways to pamper yourself in the comfort of your dorm room: 

1. Take a steamy hot showerThe hot water will feel amazing after your long day walking around campus. The steam will open up your pores for the next thing on the list, a face-mask!

2. Mud maskMy favorite kind of face-mask is a mud mask. The ones that peel never seem to work right for me, so I prefer these. It’s best to apply a mask after showering because your pores are bigger: the mask will absorb more dirt, oil and makeup. Apply on troublesome areas or all over your face. I love the Freeman Mud masks- they all work equally as well. I use the Avocado and Oatmeal one. If you don’t want to walk through the halls scaring people, you can use a makeup wipe or damp paper towel to remove the mask in your room.

3. Give yourself a manicure and pedicureMost of us collegiette’s are on a budget, so this is a great way to take care of yourself! Put on your favorite lotion and relax.

#4 While you’re waiting for your nails to dry, watch a favorite old movie Sometimes, taking a break from all the seriousness of college is extremely beneficial. Taking an hour to watch The Little Mermaid or The Lizzie McGuire Movie can boost your mood and prepare you to take on your responsibilities.

#5 While watching your movie, drink a hot cup of tea. If you don’t want to be up all night, try chamomile, or anything else without caffeine

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!