5 Ways to Get Better Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

We all know how hard it is to have perfect skin… but it’s definitely possible, and with minimal effort!  Here are a few super easy ways to improve your skin:

1. Watch what you eat and drink

Certain foods tend to be bad for your skin.  Dairy, coffee, and alcohol are all proven to contribute to acne.  The hormones in dairy products cause clogged pores, while coffee dehydrates your skin.  Excessive amounts of alcohol can hurt your skin, too. But if you do want a drink, opt for some red wine because it contains anti-aging agents! Also, stay hydrated! Drinking tons of water is so important for your skin.

2. Moisturize

Moisturizing is ~super~ important for your skin.  Especially as the colder months approach! Find a moisturizer that best fits your skin type, and be consistent with applying it. Trust me, your skin ~needs~ it.

3. Wash your face everyday

It may seem obvious, but washing your face, especially after a long day, is essential to having good skin. You have to get rid of all that unnecessary dirt, oil and debris on your face! Just like moisturizers, there are so many face washes to choose from that will match your skin type!

4. Use a face mask every once and a while

Face masks are fun AND they’ll detox your skin. Grab some friends and do a face mask on a relaxing night. It’s the perfect study break! Try to do a face mask 2-3 times a week.

5. Lastly, try not stress!

Stress causes acne…and stress definitely is ~not~ worth it!  Try to take a study break, talk with friends; do whatever it takes to prevent your stress (and your acne)!

Victoria Gracie

Fairfield '18

Victoria is a graduate from Fairfield University with a degree in International Business and Marketing. She's from Long Island and has an intense love for New York City. She hopes to travel the world and always lives life with a positive attitude. A few of her obsessions include pizza, dogs, coffee, and fashion. Follow her on Instagram: @vgraciee
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com