Fact: we are so over the snow, boots, and really anything that has to do with the cold. Winter is slowly coming to an end, and every pile of snow that melts represents a sign of hope that warmer days are on the way. Here are a few ways to break free from any winter blues you still may have, and get ready for sunny days with pretty skirts and bright colors.
1. Sweat it outGo to the gym for you, not for bikini season. Working up a sweat a few times a week isn’t just good for your body, but for your mind as well. Sweating releases endorphins, which make you happy, and that can be very helpful, especially if you feel like you’re in a slump right now.
2. SunlightEven though it is cold outside, a little bit of sunshine goes a long way. Spending some time outside, or even just keeping your blinds open to expose yourself to Vitamin D is enough to help us feel a little bit better.
3. Make a ‘happy’ playlistThis is one of my favorite things to do. Making a playlist of upbeat, happy songs are enough to fix anyone’s mood, so get started on your own! Some of my favorite ‘happy’ songs are “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & the Waves, “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon, “Alright” by Supergrass, “I Wanna Get Better” by The Bleachers, “Paris” by Magic Man, “Somebody Loves You” by Betty Who, and “I Choose U” by Timeflies.
4. Retail therapyWhat collegiette doesn’t love to shop? A trip to the mall and picking up a new outfit, although a little bit costly, can make a big difference on your day. Go ahead and buy the crop top! Treat yo’ self, girl!
5. Talk to someoneIf you’re feeling bummed lately, seek out a friend or a family member. Talking your feelings out can be very beneficial, and realizing that you can count on people around you is even better.