5 Unknown Food Accounts that will Inspire You to Actually Cook

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Maintaining a tasty and healthy diet is something that we all strive for. After all, when you eat good, you feel good. However, many people have trouble coming up with healthy ideas and find themselves stuck eating the same basic salad every day, which is totally boring and unsustainable. Since you already use Instagram 24/7, take advantage of all that it has to offer! Here are 5 unknown foodie accounts with recipes that can spice up your everyday meals or make for a delicious date night.

1.@Toastsforall

When I say that this is my new favorite Instagram account… I’m not joking. Respark your bread addiction with these fun and easy recipes from Toasts For All, which has over 163k fellow toast lovers. Their interesting spreads and unconventional toppings will have you putting everything on this traditional breakfast meal, including pickled onions, mushrooms, grapefruit slices, ricotta, and even zoodles. They have both sweet and savory recipes to satisfy every craving. Who thought toast could be so…fun?

2.@Iamafoodblog

Look no further than I Am a Food Blog for recipes that make you think about dinner as soon as you wake up. They specialize in easy meals, so that even the most basic chef (like myself) can create something delicious in a short amount of time. They post all of their full recipes on their actual blog, which is linked in their Instagram bio. Some of their top meals include lobster risotto, cauliflower gnocchi carbonara, a red curry ramen bowl, and lemon pepper chicken.

3.@Saltandlavender

Natasha Bull is the mastermind behind Salt and Lavender, a comfort food blog with dozens of easy to follow, hassle-free recipes. She has 193k followers, and her audience is only growing! 

She has many great meal ideas, but her specialty appears to lie in soups. Her profile has amazing variations of this classic warming dish. Buffalo chicken soup, chicken and corn chowder, taco soup, lemon chicken orzo soup, vegan coconut squash bisque… It’s all soup-er delicious. 

4.@Nutritionstutorial

Nutritions Tutorial is a health and wellness account that not only gives you creative snack ideas, but also gives tips on how to have a balanced diet. Honestly, I have learned a lot about food from this account, such as how to stay fuller for longer, how to have a positive mindset about food, and how to portion correctly. Some of their best recipes include zucchini fries, almond butter brownies, chickpea salad wraps, and peanut butter banana bites. 

5.@Theoriginaldish

I saved the most aesthetically pleasing for last. The Original Dish, a blog run by chef and photographer Kayla Howey, has the most beautiful creations ever. Her pictures will make you wonder why you ever thought pre-made frozen dinners were acceptable. She has a wide range of recipes, ranging from appetizers to desserts that are all linked in her bio. Her colorful feed of over 1,000 posts will have you scrolling for hours. Some notable recipes include her chocolate ricotta pancakes, pomegranate glazed delicata squash, coconut praline carrot cake, pine-nut summer squash salad… need I go on?

These are some of my favorite Instagram accounts to browse through when my meals are starting to feel blah. I always find something fun and creative to make on them, and now you can too! Enjoy!

Kat Bigelow is currently a sophomore at Fairfield University. Majoring in Communication and minoring in Digital Journalism, Kat has dreams of one day working in the publishing industry. Aside from being media-obsessed, she is a book fanatic, loves to travel, and could eat avocados and french fries every day if it were acceptable.
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.