Advising for Fall 2019 is approaching, and we know it can be a stressful time for everyone. To help ease your nerves, here are 5 tips about how to get organized for registration!
1. If you have not heard from your advisor yet, be sure to reach out and set up an appointment! If your advisor is not around, there may be other options within the school you are enrolled in. For example, the business school has advising tables in the DSB Lobby starting April 8th from 10am-4pm each day with faculty members from each department that can advise you and give you your PIN.
2. Before going to see your advisor, prepare for your appointment. Take a look at your Degree Evaluation and form some questions for your advisor to get the most out of your one-on-one meeting. Try to understand which requirements you still need to fulfill so that you can ask for advice about class recommendations or think about what you might be interested in taking.
3. Utilize the Plan Ahead feature on my.fairfield. You can create up to five potential schedule plans that can be applied when you go to register! This will help you visually lay out your options.
4. Make sure you’re well rested for the day of registration! The process will be different this year. Attention: registration starts at 7:00 am on different days for groups of students by credits, rather than time blocks sorted by last name.
5. Don’t stress! If you can’t get into a class right away, you can always put your name on a waitlist or even email the professor. Keep calm and look at the ~bigger~ picture!
Good Luck Collegiettes We Got This!