Anna Schultz-Girls Smiling Hanging Out With Dog
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

5 Things to Do with your Roomie in your Dorm Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Hey Collegiettes! With COVID-19 still spreading around rapidly, schools are cracking down, and students everywhere are finding themselves with many social restrictions around campus. This results in a LOT of alone time with your roommate, and we all know that can get boring, or even awkward. Here are 5 fun things to do with your roomie right in your dorm room! 

1.Movie Night!

Grab the popcorn! Who doesn’t love curling up in fuzzy socks and blankets with their best friends watching their favorite movies! 

2.Spa Night!

All the craziness in the world calls for some self-love girlies! Take a night with your roomie and do some face masks, pedicures, and sippin’ of your favorite bottle of wine! 

3.Exercise!

Throw down some yoga mats and follow along to some YouTube workout videos! No better time to stay fit than when you’re locked in your dorm room, at least you’ll be powering through together! 

4.Make some playlists!

The two of you are going to be spending a lot of time together, might as well get to know each other’s taste in music. Show each other your favorite songs and make some playlists for different occasions (i.e: a study playlist, a chill playlist, upbeat, etc.)!

5.Redecorate!

Tired of looking at the same 4 boring dorm room walls? Spice it up with some new tapestries, wall decor, pillows, etc.! Put your two personalities together and form a fun new aesthetic! 

I know you cannot wait to go back to how things were before social distancing, but we must make the most of our current situations!  Go out (or stay in) & try something new with your roomie!

Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.