Celebrities Hero?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Celebrities Hero?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Emily Veith / Justin Bieber / Hailey Baldwin Bieber / Pink / Lizzo
Wellness

5 Things to Do While Social Distancing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s no secret that Covid-19 has become a significant part of our lives. Universities are switching to online classes around the country, Fairfield University included. It can be hard to be at home when we all want is to be with our friends. While this situation is not ideal, here are 5  things you can do to keep yourself occupied during this crazy time.

1.Keep Up With Schoolwork

We know that this is not the most ~exciting~ activity on this list, however, your GPA will thank you for keeping up with schoolwork. We all are home, but that does not mean college is going anywhere. 

Unsplash

2.Read a Book

Since you’re not going out as much, there might be more time for you to pick up a book. Books can be relaxing, which will be beneficial to all of the uncertainty in the world. If you were looking for a sign to pick up that book on your shelf, this is it.

Tim Wildsmith

3.Watch a Feel-Good Movie

We do love a good thriller or drama, but this seems like a good time for a feel-good movie. We strongly recommend a Disney movie for the nostalgia and a whole lot of fun. Of course, you pick whatever movie works best for you.

remote control turning on the tv
Photo by Glenn Carstens-Peters from Unsplash

4.Yoga/Meditation

Are you stressed about the pandemic? If you are, we totally understand. Find an app or YouTube video that works for you for yoga/meditation instruction. Your mental health is also very important during this time, so take care of yourselves.

Yoga
Kristine Mahan / Spoon

5.Board Games

Since we currently are not allowed on campus, chances are most of you are at home with your families. This can be a perfect time for bonding through a family game night. Grab your Monopoly or Clue, or whatever game interests you and your family, and make the best of the situation.

stack of jigsaw puzzle pieces
Hans-Peter Gauster/Unsplash

The world can be scary, Collegiettes, but that does not mean we will not get through it. Stay safe and healthy. We cannot wait to see you on campus soon.

Meghan Cusack

Fairfield '21

Meghan is currently a student here at Fairfield University. She's from Branford, CT and is an English major with a concentration in Professional Writing. She also has two minors in Spanish and Public Relations. Meghan also enjoys reading, drawing, eating lots of chocolate, and spending time with her cat Charming. 
I am a Junior Marketing Major with a concentration in digital and social media marketing and a Finance minor at Fairfield University. I am a creative, driven, and hardworking individual who loves fashion and beauty.