5 Style Apps Every Fashionista Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Struggling with online shopping? Can’t figure out what to wear to class or what makeup products to use? These 5 FREE apps are lifesavers you can’t go without downloading.  These apps make shopping and styling your clothes an enjoyable task and are a necessity for every collegiate’s phone.

A popular app you may have heard about is Wanelo. It features trending clothing that is normally seen on Pinterest or Tumblr. However on Wanelo, the link is actually given so you can buy the clothes! Even if you’re not looking to spend money, it gives you some inspiration on how to style things in your own closet.

Beautylish is great for giving advice on beauty products ranging from foundations and brushes to lip gloss and nail polish. When signing up, the app has you put in your eye and hair color, skin type, complexion and other information about yourself. Beautylish then shows products that it thinks would be well suited for you! It’s a great app that is personalized to your features. Also, after you sign up $10 is added to your account if you spend $50 or more, so make sure to download Beautylish!

Have you ever been online shopping and there is a cute dress or top you can’t seem to find anywhere? If so, The Hunt is the app for you! It allows you to take or upload a picture of the item of clothing you’re looking for with a description, whether you want that exact item or something similar, and a budget price. Other users can then follow your post and help you find what you’re looking for! So if you see someone wearing a cute jacket or you’re scrolling through Tumblr and see a great pair of heels, snap a pic and let The Hunt do its magic!

If you’re struggling to put outfits together or want to get ideas from other people, Polyvore is your ideal app. It allows you to create your own outfits and upload them! The app has a large variety of clothes to pick from, and if you like your outfit enough you can even buy it. Another nice feature of Polyvore is that you are able to see other people’s creations and get some ideas.  After using Polyvore, your closet will never be the same!

And lastly there is Shopstyle, which is such an underrated app. It’s a fantastic search engine, which narrows down your search for clothes by price, style, and color to find the perfect match. As a Shopstyle user you can see what’s trending and be the first to know about great sales going on from your favorite designers such as Michael Kors, J.Crew, Tory Burch, Forever 21, and many more!

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!