This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

We are officially past the halfway point of the semester! Everyone is done with midterms, has probably been sick at least once, a little sleep-deprived, and been stressed constantly. In spite of all the craziness that comes with school, there are also many fun and exciting moments shared with friends. The only way to describe these fluctuating feelings and emotions is a rollercoaster ride. Buckle up, Collegiettes! Here are 5 songs that represent the rollercoaster ride that is this semester!

1.Someone You Loved – Lewis Capaldi

If there was ever a moment that you needed to cry or just felt upset, Lewis Capaldi will bring on the tears. He has a way with words that hits the heart and gets you feeling a certain type of way. While you may or may not be able to relate to the lyrics, “Someone You Loved” is an easy song to connect to.

2.Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen

Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” is an intense song, to say the least. There are extreme high and low notes that are hit by the group. These varying notes are symbolic of the various high and low points you may have encountered throughout the semester.

3.Piece of Your Heart – MEDUZA, Goodboys

While there are many frustrating and sad points in the semester, there are just as many enjoyable and entertaining moments. “Piece of Your Heart” makes me want to dance and jump around with my friends. The rhythmic beats are what landed this song on the list for this semester.

4.Memories – Maroon 5

“Memories” by Maroon 5 is one of their slower and more melodic songs. The lyrics in this song are what particularly stood out to me. We are trying to hold onto friendships and family and keep them close to us even when they are not near us. The memories that we are making will be cherished for many years to come. 

5.Final Song – MØ

MØ’s “Final Song” is a shout out to my fellow seniors. Since it’s our senior year, we are trying to make the most of our last year at Fairfield. We have had our last President’s Ball, Red Sea Madness, and Halloween so far. There are many more exciting events to come, and it’s important to enjoy our final moments.

These are just some of the many songs that describe the feelings students experience throughout the semester. To get you through the hectic times or have a jam out session with your friends, add these songs to your playlist! Good luck with the rest of the semester, Stags!

Danielle Vazzano is a senior at Fairfield University and is from New York City. She is majoring in English/Professional Writing and minoring in Politics and Catholic Studies. Some of her favorite things include hanging out with friends, reading, and exploring. She studied abroad in Florence, Italy during the Spring 2019 semester.
I am a Junior Marketing Major with a concentration in digital and social media marketing and a Finance minor at Fairfield University. I am a creative, driven, and hardworking individual who loves fashion and beauty.