5 Shows To Watch For The Girl Whose Watched Everything On Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Deciding what to watch on Netflix can be overwhelming. It is always frustrating searching for a new show, only to conclude that you have pretty much seen everything from The Office to Black Mirror. Whether you have no homework or too much, Netflix acts as both an escape and a distraction. If you are one of those people struggling, here’s a list of five shows to start binge watching on Netflix ASAP!

1. Imposters

Imposters has everything you could possibly want in a show: love, suspense, and some sly humor. The show is centered around a con-artist who uses love to steal from multiple partners who then attempt to track her down. I just started this show recently and I am already hooked. Season two is in the works, so make sure to catch up before it starts airing because it will definitely be worth the watch. You can check out the trailer for season one here before committing to the ten episodes.

2. Nailed It!

Nailed It! can best be described as a show that combines Worst Cooks in America and Cupcake Wars – two of my favorite guilty pleasures. Nicole Byer from MTV hosts the show which makes it 10x funnier as she judges amateur bakers’ attempts at replicating what seems to be Pinterest inspired desserts, which often result in a fail. In the end, the baker with the most successful dishes will win a prize of $10,000! Check out the trailer here for a sneak peek at this hilarious new season.

3. Santa Clarita Diet

This show is definitely not for those who have a weak stomach, as there is a decent number of gory scenes. Despite the blood and human body parts, Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant serve frequent laughs and an interesting storyline. Barrymore and Olyphant portray a married couple who work together as realtors whose lives are turned upside down when Barrymore becomes a living zombie. Season two is in the works, so check out the trailer for season one here and catch up!

4. Mindhunter

One of the best crime and investigation shows on Netflix, Mindhunter will leave you on the edge of your seat as the show successfully depicts two FBI agents and their deep psychological investigation into murderers, including psychopaths. My explanation does not do the show justice, so check it out here now! If you like the show, then you are in luck as Netflix has recently confirmed a second season.

5. The Good Place

Get ready to fall in love and become ~obsessed~ with one of the quirkiest and most laughable shows on Netflix. Kristen Bell stars as the loveable anti-heroine who enters the afterlife by mistake. The humor is straightforward but excellently crafted. For instance, Bell’s character cannot swear which leads her to say “fork” constantly. If you love Parks and Recreation and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, then this is the show for you since it is created by the same man, Mike Schur! Here is the trailer for season one, and there are more seasons to come.

Amber Shephard

Fairfield '20

Amber Shephard graduated Fairfield University in 2020 where she majored in Psychology and minored in Marketing. 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com