5 Reasons Point Days Are the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

As sweater weather begins, there is definitely one thing that will be missed: Point Days. Sand, sun, and day drinking, what more could you ask for? Point Day is easily the highlight of everyone’s week. Waking up tired from the night before is a struggle, but knowing you’ll be at the beach in a couple hours is worth it in the end. Here are the reasons why Saturdays on Lantern Point are the ~best~.

1. The Beach

Living on a campus that is so close to the beach is one of the bonuses of Fairfield. Being at Lantern Point on a sunny day is always the best. Dipping your feet in the water, or going for a quick swim is a way to beat the heat. There is literally nothing better than taking that first step onto the warm sand.

1. Dressing Up 

Most schools wear college apparel during day drinks, but for us girls at Fairfield, being able to dress cute in rompers and sun dresses makes it 10x better. Also, you can die over everyone else’s adorable outfits, and get ideas for the next Point Day.

1. Stress Free Living

Having the ability to head to the beach helps take your mind off the load of homework that you have to do. I mean that’s what Sundays are for, am I right?

1. Pictures

For the Insta. Lantern Point is so scenic and is a great opportunity to show you’re having some fun. All your friends at home are going to be so jealous that you have a beach right on campus. Post a few stories and a cute Instagram to show off how cool Fairfield really is.

1. Meeting New People

Going to the beach is definitely an opportunity to meet new people. Introduce yourself to people you have never met before. You never know, they could become one of your best friends. 

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.