element5 digital E3jZBz5lYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital E3jZBz5lYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Movies to Watch if You Cannot Wait for Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

We know just how exciting this time of year is! Halloween is already behind us, and it is now November. We’re sure one of the biggest things on our minds right now is how happy and excited we are for it to finally be the holiday season. 

If you are just like us and cannot wait for Christmas, here are 5 of the best Christmas movies you can watch to get you into that cheerful, holiday spirit!

1.Elf – In this heartwarming movie, Will Ferrell plays a clownish orphan named Buddy, who has been raised by Santa and his elves up in the North Pole his entire life. As an adult, Buddy ventures to NYC with his snow globe as his only source of guide and direction. His intent behind this journey is to locate and be reunited with his biological father right in time for Christmas.

2.The Nightmare Before Christmas – If you’re excited for Christmas, but still think it may be a bit too early to bring out the full-on Christmas movies, this is the movie for you. In this movie, you can see Tim Burton’s masterful work of visual tricks and treats that only he can accomplish. 

3.A Charlie Brown Christmas – After having a case of seasonal depression, Charlie Brown finds himself attempting to put together a Christmas play, until his friend Linus gives him a friendly reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. 

4.The Polar Express – This is an all-time favorite Christmas classic enjoyed by just about everyone. No matter how old you are, this film will have you reminiscing about the Christmas Eve nights of your childhood. After all, who wasn’t jealous of the children in the polar express and how they were able to take a trip to the North Pole on the most exciting night of the year? 

5.National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – This classic Christmas comedy will have you laughing no matter how many times you have seen it. The movie reflects the family struggles and the nerves that come with the holiday season. If you have not seen this all-time favorite Christmas classic, you must check it out this season! 

The number of Christmas movies you can watch to get you into the Christmas season is endless; these are just some of our favorites that we recommend watching this season!

Catherine Howley

Fairfield '22

Catherine is a senior Communication major at Fairfield University. In addition to majoring in Communication, she is also minoring in Education, Marketing, & Public Relations. Catherine has always had a love and passion for writing about women's fashion, lifestyle, and beauty. Upon graduating from Fairfield University, she hopes to continue, and further, her love of writing through working in the PR industry.
I am a Junior Marketing Major with a concentration in digital and social media marketing and a Finance minor at Fairfield University. I am a creative, driven, and hardworking individual who loves fashion and beauty.