This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

With the winter season approaching, you can never have too many skincare tips! As the cold air attempts to dry out your face, get your hand on a holy grail moisturizer to keep your skin healthy and hydrated. Flaky skin is not fun to handle! Here are 5 of my favorite moisturizers that are a must this winter season:

1.Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer: This gel-cream feels very lightweight on the skin and smells like rose petals! The best part is that it is suitable for all skin types.

2.Belif The True Cream Aquabomb: This is good for normal/combo/oily skin as it’s an oil-free moisturizer. The gel consistency has a bit of a cooling effect when it is applied, too. 

3.Lush Vanishing Cream: This moisturizer is suitable for oily, acne-prone skin as it contains witch hazel that helps to fight acne and tighten pores. It is very lightweight as well and smells like calming lavender!

4.Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream: This moisturizer is definitely on the heavier side and is suitable for all skin types. It’s infused with six rare African oils to moisturize intensely. I would definitely go for this rich blend if you are more on the dry side. 

5.Origins GinZing Ultra-Hydrating Energy-Boosting Cream: This moisturizer is more suited for dry skin, but has a very lightweight feel. It smells amazing—it’s signature citrus scent will rejuvenate your skin and give it a fresh scent. It also contains caffeine and Ginseng, which both naturally increase skin’s energy. 

It’s always important to moisturize in your skin routine, but during the winter months, this is not a step you can skip out on. Get your credit cards ready and head to Sephora ladies!

I am from Long Island, New York. I currently attend Fairfield University and I am pursuing a major in Finance and minors in Mathematics and Economics. 
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.