This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

New York Fashion Week took the city by storm last week, and with the many new, fabulous collections that were unveiled came new faces on the runway. A new, younger generation became the face of many designers, while some legends came back to walk for more notable, prestigious designers.  Here are some faces that grabbed our attention and will definitely be prominent within the industry in the coming seasons:

Naomi Campbell

It would be a travesty to not mention Naomi first. Campbell is one of the most famous faces within the industry, and her career has shaped the evolution of the industry, as she is dubbed one of the original supermodels. She used NYFW this year to prove she’s still got it, making an appearance during Badgley Mischka and even closing for Diane Von Furstenberg.

Kendall Jenner

As painful as it is to admit that celebrity spawn are becoming the faces of major designers and brands, the reality star turned model, Kendall Jenner, has made remarkable steps into turning her modeling dream into a reality. The eighteen year old graced the runway for a number of notable designers, like Diane Von Furstenberg, Tommy Hilfiger, Marc Jacobs, and Donna Karan. Fortunately and shockingly, Kim was nowhere to be seen during these appearances.

Malaika Firth

Firth blew up after the release of Prada’s fall ’13 campaign because she was the first African-American supermodel to front a campaign for the designer since Naomi in ’94. It’s no surprise that Malaika was an inescapable face at NYFW, walking for many designers like Oscar De La Renta, Tory Burch, Donna Karan, Tommy Hilfiger, Anna Sui, Coach, and Jason Wu.

Daria Strokous

Strokous is a Russian born model and actress, and she’s been a prominent face in the industry for quite a while now. Daria was everywhere during the shows at New York Fashion Week, walking for Vera Wang, Oscar De La Renta, Carolina Herrera, and Jason Wu.

Gigi Hadid

After snatching a number of huge Guess and Tom Ford campaigns, Gigi Hadid has climbed her way to the top and become a fresh new face within the industry. Like Kendall Jenner, Hadid also hails from celebrity parents- Yolanda Foster, star of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and real estate tycoon Mohamed Hadid. Hadid walked for Jeremy Scott, Desigual, and Marc Jacobs.

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.