This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s officially getting cold in Connecticut and I’ve already started wearing my coat these past few weeks. Choosing the right jacket this season is a must. Luckily, there are tons of jackets in style this season that will keep you warm and stylish. Make sure to check out these five jackets for this winter:

Leather jackets are so trendy right now and they can spruce up any outfit. This Ellen Pu Blazer from Princess Polly  is cute and perfect for layering on cooler days. An added plus is that it is made of faux leather!

Puffer coats are super in fashion right now and there are tons of great places to get them like H&M, Aritzia, and Gap. This Macy’s Women’s The Recycled Mother Puffer Jacket is adorable, available in four colors, and sure to keep you warm.

Abercrombie & Fitch’s Oversized Short Sherpa-Lined Vegan Leather Coat is more environmentally friendly and so cute. The sherpa inside will be cozy and warm, while still keeping you stylish. 

For a more unique look, this Zara Cropped Plaid Jacket will enhance your outfit and bring in brighter colors. This jacket may need some layering on colder days, but the adorable colors are perfect for those warmer days. 

North Face jackets are a perfect choice for especially cold days. The North Face Women’s Nuptse Short Jacket is great for warmth, but is a different and exciting style!

No matter what jacket you choose, these are all great options to stroll into winter wearing!

Olivia Conkling

Fairfield '25

Olivia is a sophomore Business Undeclared major at Fairfield University. She enjoys fashion, writing, listening to music, reading, and going to the beach!