5 Hottest Celebrity Dads: Welcome To The Club, Ryan Gosling!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Friday, September 12, Ryan Gosling became less attractive to some people. While The Notebook cutie and his girlfriend, Eva Mendes, were celebrating the birth of their new daughter, women everywhere were grieving the loss of Gosling as Hollywood eye-candy because “he’s a dad now”… Fret not, ladies, this heartthrob is simply graduating from the Hottest Celebrity Bachelor Club and moving on up to The Hottest Celebrity Dad Club. Here’s a list of the 5 hottest celebrity dads, to assure you Ryan becoming a dad is not that big of a deal:

1. Will SmithThere’s no doubt these two young stars got their incredible talent— and good looks— from superstar dad, Will Smith. Both Jaden Smith, 16, and Willow Smith, 13, followed in their famous dad’s footsteps, pursuing careers in the acting  industry.

2. Patrick DempseyAfter binge watching all 9 seasons of Grey’s Anatomy last year, I was convinced it was my destiny to be the real-life Meredith Grey, marry Patrick Dempsey, and make adorable little baby McDreamy’s. Unfortunately for me (and every other Grey’s fan out there), someone else got there first; Dempsey is father to twelve-year-old daughter, Tallulah, and twin boys Sullivan and Darby, age 7.

3. Orlando Bloom I was devastated last year when Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom announced they were splitting. I felt like I was personally going through the divorce; they were my power couple! And what would happen to their three-year-old son, Flynn? One thing is certain, this little guy has genes from the genetic jackpot. 

4. Ben AffleckAfter growing up in Massachusetts, there is nothing more attractive to me than a man with a Boston accent. This Cambridge cutie and his three kids, Violet, 9, Seraphina, 5, and Samuel, 2, are all wicked good-looking.

5. David BeckhamSaved the best for last! I really don’t think there are words to describe the perfection that is the beautiful Beckham men. I mean, I just can’t even. Any of those boys can feel free to give me a call once they’re eighteen…

Hey girl, you’ve got nothing to worry about! There’s no need to take down the shirtless poster of Ryan you have hanging up in your dorm room. Just because he’s someone’s dad now doesn’t mean he can’t still be someone else’s man crush.  

Shana is currently a senior at Fairfield University where she majors in English with a Journalism concentration and minors in Marketing and Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.       
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!