5 Halloween DIY Décor and Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

DIY Décor:Halloween is the day in which we officially ditch our diets and save them for our new years resolutions. It’s also the perfect time to channel your inner Martha Stewart for some creativity. Whether you choose to go dark and spooky or fun and lively, show off your Halloween inspired style with these DIY Halloween décor ideas and recipes that are simple but sure to make your Halloween spirit stand out amongst the rest.

Illuminated Ghost Garland from Design Dining DiapersMost of us have already followed the Christmas light trend in our dorm rooms, but what better way than to put a festive twist on these basic lights.

Frankenstein Front Door from East Coast Creative BlogConvince your roommate to work on this crafty idea with you. Your door will definitely stand out amongst the rest in the hall!

Trash Bag Spider Webs from How About OrangeThis affordable craft doesn’t take long to make at all. It will add a spooky flare to your room, but is not recommended if you are afraid of spiders!

Recipes:

With Halloween approaching, let your sweet tooth indulge in your favorite candies and treats. Put your TLC marathons of Cake Boss to use and see what fun Halloween inspired desserts you can create that will have your friends asking for more.

Halloween Ghost S’mores from Betty CrockerA Halloween twist on a classic sweet treat. 

Caramel, Chocolate Candy Apples from Giada De LaurentiisDon’t be afraid to get creative with this fall treat, whether you are craving candy corn, sprinkles or chocolate. Adjust your toppings and add any candy of your choosing to make this caramel apple just right!

Hi, I'm Christina! I am currently a junior here at Fairfield University majoring in Communications and minoring in Marketing. I am so happy to be a part of the Her Campus Fairfield team, and I look forward to writing articles for the News and Blog sections. Always follow your dreams and do what you love!
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!