Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 Gifts to Get Yourself for Valentine’s Day This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner again. We’ve all seen it—grocery stores have been stocked up with heart shaped candies and the floral business is in full bloom (see what we did there). Your friends and roommates talk about how they are going to be celebrating the day with their S.O. What if you aren’t seeing anyone? Do you just hide in your room until Valentine’s Day (AKA Singles Awareness Day) is over? Nonsense. One of the most important relationships you can have is with yourself. Here are a few of our suggestions on little gifts you can get for yourself this Valentine’s Day.

1. Redbubble Stickers

Do you feel that your laptop just doesn’t scream ~you~? Then you should totally add a flair of personality with some fun stickers from Redbubble. We love finding stickers of our favorite quotes and movies, and they add a lot of personality to your electronics.

1. Stationary

E-mails just don’t have the same novelty as a sentimental handwritten letter. Having a fun set stationary can be a lot of fun. Why not appreciate your gal pals this Valentine’s Day, or should we say Galentine’s Day, with a nice handwritten note on the cutest stationary?!

1. Makeup

We know that you have been eyeing that palette or lip kit. Here’s the push you needed to finally buy it. Treat yourself.

1. Candy

Just because you won’t have a date popping up at the door with heart shaped candy doesn’t mean you can’t have it. Watch some Netflix and enjoy some treats, you deserve it.

1. Movie Tickets

Grab your crew and see a movie together. You can have fun watching a new blockbuster while having fun with your friends. Besides, who’s to say friends can’t be the true loves of your life?!

Meghan Cusack

Fairfield '21

Meghan is currently a student here at Fairfield University. She's from Branford, CT and is an English major with a concentration in Professional Writing. She also has two minors in Spanish and Public Relations. Meghan also enjoys reading, drawing, eating lots of chocolate, and spending time with her cat Charming. 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com