This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s very rare to find a beauty product that will change your life forever. With countless new items advertised on social media and in magazines, it is difficult to tell which ones are even real! No more need to worry because Her Campus Fairfield is here to help you out! Here’s our list of the best beauty inventions that have truly changed the game.

1. Facial Cleansing Brushes

Proper skin care is very important and should not be taken lightly. Facial cleansing brushes will clean any speck of makeup left on your face that your makeup remover missed! It is super important to remove any buildup from your pores to prevent breakouts. Pair this brush with your favorite cleanser to amp up your skin routine! Our favorites are the Clarisonic Mia and the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System.

1. 3D Printed Customized Makeup

Technology has been able to achieve some pretty crazy things, including makeup! This software was introduced several years ago but with limited results. Now, the technology has been advanced enough to actually print out custom lipsticks into a press-on-mold to the shape of your lips, or even create the perfect shade of foundation just by scanning your face. Talk about a precise application!

1. Makeup Brush Cleaners

Hate having to wait for your makeup brushes to dry after cleaning them? This invention has put an end to the wait! Makeup brush cleaner sets include a motorized spinner, a glass cleaning bowl, and different size collars for your brushes to fit in perfectly. Fill the bowl with water and add a little bit of your favorite cleanser. Place the head of the brush into the bowl, turn the spinner on, and watch the makeup residue spin out. Once cleaned, lift the brush out of the water and spin to dry in seconds. Yes, it’s THAT easy!

1. Natural Hair Dyes

Obviously dying your hair is not very healthy. Repeated coloring sessions can lead to breakage and dry ends, but soon this will be a thing of the past! According to Chris Appleton, Kim Kardashian’s hair stylist, “You’ll be able to change your hair color instantly, with zero damage” with natural hair dyes. Instant coloring products have been created using natural dyes with low odor color and hair strength treatments to use in between trips to the salon.

1. Universal Products

Have you ever gone to the store and couldn’t decide what product or shade would be best for you? More brands are creating products that will actually adjust to your skin’s needs. Some of these include color adjusting foundations that blend into different skin tones and SPF changing sunscreens that adjust protection based on the amount of sun exposure. Soon enough, every beauty product will be catered to you!

Lauren is a Connecticut native currently majoring in Marketing and Public Relations at Fairfield University. Her interests include spending time with friends, going to the gym, cooking, baking, and pumpkin spice everything! When she is not writing for Her Campus, she is probably spending time with her two dogs Lily & Daisy!
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com