5 Fun Holiday Activities To Do With Your Roommates/ Housemates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

I hope you guys are as pumped up as I am for the holiday season. The fact that we get to spend so much time with our housemates and roommates leading up to the holidays makes it even better! To help you make some holiday memories this year, here are 5 fun holiday activities you can do together!

1. Decorate Your Room or House

How cute is it when you walk into your friend’s room and it’s all lit up with lights and decorations? Get on it, girls! Just imagine how fun it would be to decorate your house or dorm room with all of your friends.

2. Have a Secret Santa Exchange

Despite the suspense of finding out who has you, secret Santa exchanges are always so enjoyable. Considering we know our friends so well and know exactly what type of gifts they like, they’re the best way to get into the holiday spirit! I especially love seeing my friends get all happy and excited opening the gifts I got them. It’s super fun and such a good way to bond.

3. Movie Night Marathon

Holiday movies will forever be my favorite type of movie. Who doesn’t love snuggling in bed and having a Christmas movie marathon while eating the cookies you and your friends just baked while sipping on hot chocolate?

4. Ugly Sweater Party

Ugly sweater parties are incomparable to any other party in my opinion. Getting all festive while being comfy at the same time – it just doesn’t get better than that! I also love seeing what sweaters people choose to wear and what funny sayings will be on them.

5. Go to NYC

Fairfield is a short train ride away from the city. Get all dressed up with your roommates or housemates, go out to a nice dinner, visit the tree at Rockefeller Center, and go ice-skating! It’s the perfect day trip to get you into the holiday spirit!

Or Kadosh

Fairfield

Hi I'm Or! I am currently a sophomore marketing major at Fairfield University! I love giving insight into my life and thoughts through my writing and I hope you find enjoyment and inspiration reading my pieces!
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com