This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Important: Blazers are not just for the office! Although they have a bad wrap and are thought to be boring and business casual, they’re actually just the opposite. With these style tips, your blazer will become the perfect staple to complete any outfit. Whether you’re going out, running to class, or headed to an interview, a blazer will finish off your look.

1. Blazer and jeansCasual and trendy? Yes! Get this look by styling a fitted blazer with a simple shirt and your favorite jeans. Don’t be afraid to dress up this look with a pair of pumps to dress up your outfit.

2. Blazers and shortsWho loves short shorts? Blazers love short shorts. Although wearing a blazer out probably wasn’t on your mind, they instantly spice up any outfit. Style a White H&M Blazer with this White Chiffon Blouse. Tuck these pieces into these adorable BB Dakota Leather Shorts for a to-die-for look this weekend. 

3. The preppy blazerKate Middleton wears blazers, so you should too. Style a navy J.Crew Schoolboy Blazer with these Banana Republic Skinny Jeans, a white t-shirt, and this Silk Scarf to mimic our favorite princess’s classy style!

4. Blackout BlazerIt is almost too easy to mimic this look Kourtney Kardashian look. Pair these High Waisted Black BDG Jeans with a white long sleeve shirt tucked in and a black blazer. Add a pop of color with a statement necklace or booties to complete this look. 

5. Little black dress blazer Blazers go great with any little black dress. Add this Topshop Nude Blazer to your wardrobe to spice up any LBD. You’ll have so much fun styling your outfits with blazers like this one.

Fairfield University Class of 2017
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!