5 Fall Drinks for Those Who Love Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s the most ~wonderful~ time of the year, Collegiettes! That’s right, fall! I don’t know about you, but I’ve been waiting for the temperature to drop so I can enjoy wearing cute sweaters,  booties, and sip on a hot latte. Just because the weather doesn’t feel like autumn quite yet doesn’t mean you can’t get a little taste of it in your drink during your next coffee run. As the self-proclaimed Queen of Pumpkin Spice, these are my top 5 drinks for fall that you need to try this year.

1. Pumpkin Spice Latte

The #PSL is a classic and reliable option for the fall, kind of like your favorite pair of jeans you’ve had for years. You know it’s going to be good no matter what, so you stick with it. The combination of the cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice is too good to pass up this season.

1. Cinderella Latte

Dubbed the “Cinderella Latte” by devoted Starbucks customers, this drink is a classic white chocolate mocha with a fall ~twist~. Swap out half the amount of white chocolate syrup for  pumpkin spice syrup to create a delicious and decadent fall drink that a princess would approve of. If Cinderella took a trip to Starbucks before she headed to the pumpkin patch, she’d be ordering this drink, for sure.

1. Mexican Mocha

Half hot chocolate, half espresso, mixed with cinnamon, nutmeg, and wait for it… cayenne pepper. I know what you’re thinking, you’re probably too nervous to try it. The sweet and heat pair perfectly together to balance each other out, yet still have a bold flavor. This drink literally puts the #spice in sugar, spice, and everything nice.

1. Chai Latte

Not a huge coffee drinker but want to partake in the autumn drink fun? Try a chai latte. Chai is a black tea made with ginger, cinnamon, and clove that brings on all the fall feels. When steamed with your choice of milk and topped with foam, it creates a delicious and warm beverage that is perfect for this time of year. To level up your tea game even more, try a pump of pumpkin syrup in your chai latte!

1. Pumpkin Spice Caramel Macchiato

If you’re a dedicated Starbucks or Dunkin customer like me, you’ve probably ordered a caramel macchiato at some point. As a pretty basic coffee drink, it’s made with milk, espresso, vanilla syrup, and topped with caramel sauce. Well, I have a hack for you. Swap out the vanilla syrup for pumpkin and you’ll have yourself a caramelly, pumpkiny drink that will taste like Thanksgiving in a cup.

Lauren is a Connecticut native currently majoring in Marketing and Public Relations at Fairfield University. Her interests include spending time with friends, going to the gym, cooking, baking, and pumpkin spice everything! When she is not writing for Her Campus, she is probably spending time with her two dogs Lily & Daisy!