This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

While summer is all about the pop of color and a dewy, sun kissed glow, fall is when you can truly experiment with your makeup. Want to try a deep burgundy lip or a peach flush on your cheeks? Go for it! The autumn months are the perfect time to try. Read on for some of our favorite beauty trends for fall 2015. Which ones will you be wearing?

1. Easy smoky eyes

Break the rules this fall. Smoky eyes aren’t just a dramatic night look anymore. We’re obsessed with a softer, diffused shadow all over the lid and the bottom lash line. For a long-lasting look, we recommend trying an eyeshadow stick like this one from Bobbi Brown in the color Shadow.

2. A deep burgundy lip

Embrace the pale skin that comes with the cooler autumn weather. What better to pair porcelain skin (or tan skin for those lucky enough) than with a vampy lip. Dark lipstick is once again a returning trend for fall. Pair this edgy trend with minimal eye shadow and full brows for a sexy yet sophisticated look. If you’re feeling extra bold, try a deep purple that’s almost black, like this Kat Von D lipstick, to really up the edge factor.

3. Flushed Cheeks

Nothing brings a face to life like rosy, flushed cheeks. A major trend for this fall season is swapping out pink blush for warmer apricot and peach tones. A blush like Tarte Amazonian Clay in Charisma will warm up your complexion without being too overwhelmingly bright.

4. Full lower lashes

Bold, heavily mascaraed lashes are (finally!) back. This fall, don’t forget about your bottom lashes. While some may stay away from mascara on the bottom lashes due to fear of smudging and flaking, using the right product is an easy solution. We are obsessed with Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara for adding that little extra pop.

5. Jewel toned nail polish

It’s finally time to switch out the bright pinks and corals for darker, edgier colors like emerald and maroon. One of our favorite colors for fall is one every collegiette is familiar with, Essie’s Wicked. Short nails look best in these intense shades so we recommend opting for a manicure with a square-shaped nail.

Karolina is a senior at Fairfield University with a major in Communications and a minor in Professional Writing. A newly appointed style editor this year, she has a passion for all things beauty and fashion. Follow her on instagram @kaphrodite!
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.