Leaves Converse Fall Sneakers Ground
Leaves Converse Fall Sneakers Ground
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus

5 Fall Activities to Do With Your Besties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Hey girlies! October is finally rolling around which means…it’s officially spooky season & time to get into the fall spirit! These 5 adventures that we have put together are very affordable for you & your besties!

1. Pumpkin Picking!

pumpkins
Photo by Ylanite Koppens from Pexels

Pumpkin picking is a great way to get into the fall spirit this season. Grab your besties & make an afternoon out of it. Make sure you & your girls all wear your fall sweaters and have a photoshoot. The pumpkins will make great decorations for your apartment, house, or dorm room! 

2.Go to Your Local Haunted House 

two skeletons
Photo by NeONBRAND from Unsplash

A haunted house is a classic October activity! Do a quick Google search & see what the best-haunted houses are near you. Make sure to check if they are operating differently this year due to COVID-19 restrictions! 

3.Apple Picking

Apple Picking
Alex Frank / Spoon

If you and your besties have never gone apple picking together this October is the time to change that. This activity brings so many baking opportunities, such as making caramel apples or apple pie! Don’t forget to get some fresh apple cider and apple cider donuts to take to go!

4.Hiking

Pexels
Hiking is a completely free activity to do with your besties this fall that will be a source of exercise and bring calmness if you are feeling stressed. Find a mountain with trails, grab your squad, and take a nice road trip! 

5.Thrift Shopping

Thrift shopping with your besties is such a fun & affordable activity to do together this fall season. Look up local thrift shops in your area! Aim to find a whole outfit for under 20 dollars & have a group photoshoot together that you can post on Instagram later. 

Marissa Viens

Fairfield '22

Marissa Viens is a driven & enthusiastic student from Duxbury MA. She is a senior at Fairfield University where she is majoring in marketing with a concentration in digital marketing & minoring in management. She has always had a passion for writing & has been a creative individual since a very young age. Currently, Marissa is the co-campus correspondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Marissa loves anything style & has a keen eye for fashion as well as a strong understanding of leadership & vast experience in writing, editing, social media, & marketing (as well as a friendly & energetic personality). Outside of the office or the classroom you can find her taking long runs on the beach, writing independently, exploring the city, and spending time with her friends & family!
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.