5 Clothing Company’s That Make A Difference

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Lose that guilty feeling when spending money on clothes! How so? Shop these 5 amazing clothing companies who are out to make the world a better place.

1. Faircloth & Supply

Let’s talk girl power. For each item sold, Faircloth & Supply donates a school uniform to a girl in Nepal. Without the company’s support, many girls in Nepal would not be able to receive an education they rightfully deserve. The company’s program has impacted over 2,000 girls and their families already, and they aren’t planning to stop there. Moved by the heartwarming stories, we decided to check out their clothing line and this is our favorite.  

2. TOMS

Every college student across the nation is pretty much familiar with TOMS shoes and their amazing One-For-One program. In case you aren’t familiar, for every shoe you buy, TOMS donates a new pair of shoes to a child in need. TOMS doesn’t stop there with just one remarkable program. The company’s eyewear collection figuratively (and literally) makes people stop and take a look around. With every eyewear purchase, TOMS provides people in need with a full eye exam given by a trained medical professional. Each patient is guaranteed to receive the treatment he or she needs, making TOMS a leader in helping our world restore sight.

3.  Ivory Ella

Ivory Ella is a clothing company fighting to save everyone’s favorite animal, the elephant! Designed for both girls and guys, Ivory Ella carries a line of adorable T-shirts and colorful accessories. Each product has their elephant logo printed on them in the hopes of saving these amazing mammals. Their end goal is to stop elephant poaching completely. They donate 10% of net profits to savetheelephants.org, a company dedicated to protecting elephants. We are not only obsessed with the cause but also their elephant embellished products, which are both affordable and stylish. 

4. G-Star Raw For The Oceans

Popular singer and songwriter Pharrell Williams has come out with his third collection in collaboration with this creative company. Together they partnered up with The Vortex Project and Parley for the Oceans. The result? Something pretty amazing. They invented a bionic yarn—an eco-friendly fabric made of fibers derived from recycled plastic bottles found in the ocean. They have since produced a new line of denim and apparel hoping to inspire our generation to buy clothing that also helps keep our ocean clean. We fell in love with this pick.

5. United By Blue

This clothing company is focused on the ocean and waterways conservation, one of the most pressing environmental issues facing our planet. For every product sold, United By Blue removes one pound of trash from oceans and waterways through company organized and hosted cleanups. Feeling inspired? You can sign up for a cleanup or host one yourself! 

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.