This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

By now, you’ve probably seen many articles telling you what you should do to occupy your time during this era of social distancing. One such suggestion that has popped up numerous times is reading. Naturally, you must be wondering, what should I read? No need to worry, Collegiettes, we have compiled 5 books for you to check out!

1.Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare

Cassandra Clare has become a force to be reckoned with in the world of Young Adult fantasy. Her expansive Shadowhunter Chronicles has expanded yet again. This time, we’re entering into Edwardian England to follow a group of Shadowhunters that are family and friends. For those of you are wondering where to start, the most fun is to read Clare’s books in order of publication, however, if you’re looking to just jump right in, you can. If you read any of the other Shadowhunter books before this one, read the Infernal Devices trilogy.

2.Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng

This title will probably look familiar to you. This book has garnered the attention of many readers and one of them being Reese Witherspoon. In fact, Witherspoon stars alongside Kerry Washington in the TV adaptation that is available to stream on Hulu. Why not spend some of your free time reading the book and then comparing it to the TV show?

3.House of Blood and Earth by Sarah J Maas

Maas has been a prominent figure within the YA fantasy world. This time, she has entered into the Adult Fantasy world with her newest work, House of Blood and Earth. What makes this book so exciting is that we get to see different mythical creatures interact not only with humans but with technology as well. It’s an interesting combination of sci-fi and fantasy that we cannot wait to read. As for filling your time, it’s a whopping 799 pages, so we think it’ll have you covered.

4.Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens

This book has received a lot of buzz. It beautifully combines the nature of the marshlands down south with the intrigue of murder. It moves back and forth between the character’s past and present, which makes it a gripping read. This is a great book if you want to create a book club via Zoom.

5.The Hidden Power of F*cking Up by the Try Guys

We have been bingeing the Try Guys videos on YouTube during this stressful time because they bring so much joy and laughter to our lives. If you managed to run out of videos, why not check out this book? It will give a look into each Try Guy, which we are sure will be equally inspirational and hilarious.

Ladies, we hope this list helps you break out into some reading. Who wants to start a Zoom book club?

Meghan Cusack

Fairfield '21

Meghan is currently a student here at Fairfield University. She's from Branford, CT and is an English major with a concentration in Professional Writing. She also has two minors in Spanish and Public Relations. Meghan also enjoys reading, drawing, eating lots of chocolate, and spending time with her cat Charming. 
I am a Junior Marketing Major with a concentration in digital and social media marketing and a Finance minor at Fairfield University. I am a creative, driven, and hardworking individual who loves fashion and beauty.