The 5 Best Places for Health Nuts to Eat and Shop Near Fairfield

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The stereotypical college diet consists of late night pizzas, non-stop snacking, and unhealthy dining hall options. Once the freshman fifteen becomes a reality the “being away at school” excuse is no longer valid and a dietary change has to be done.

Though it might be hard to give up that drunk McDonalds and after class snacks, being healthy is totally worth it. In Fairfield county there are many options for healthy food that are close to campus and just as delicious as the piles of junk food that you could be eating. If you’re all about the ~clean eating~ lifestyle, here are some Stag Country stops that you should definitely visit.

1. Robek’s Fresh Juice and Smoothies

This cafe is the perfect place to pick up a smoothie, green juice, or acai bowl, and its located  just around the corner from campus. Plus, they’re on Uber Eats so you can get healthy snacks delivered right to your door if you don’t have time to get into town!

2. Westport Farmers’ Market

If picking out fresh produce and snacks from local farms and vendors is your idea of a perfect afternoon, then the Westport Farmers’ Market is a must-visit location before it closes for the season in November. The market features everything from fair trade coffee to locally grown berries and brick oven pizza. This market it totally health conscious foodie’s ~paradise~.

3. Organika Kitchen

Organika is another Uber Eats-friendly smoothie shop, but brings it to the next level by offering avocado toast, salads, and burgers that will please even the pickiest eaters. If you’re trying to get your friends on board with clean eating and delicious vegan snacks, introduce them to Organika and they’ll be asking for smoothie bowls and kale salads in no time.

4. Green & Tonic

Similar to the other cafés mentioned, Green & Tonic serves up juices and smoothies, but also offers premade meals and various juice cleanses. With on-site health coaching, G&T is the perfect place for people looking to delve into a healthier lifestyle but don’t want to go it alone.

5. Catch a Healthy Habit Café

This spot will inspire you to do just what the name says with their selection of pizzas made with vegan cheese and zucchini noodles incorporated into your favorite pasta dishes. The restaurant also offers meal prep classes and frequently hosts speakers to keep you inspired on your journey to the best, healthiest version of you.

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com