This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s that time again- time to ditch your summer wardrobe and embrace fall style in going back to school. As depressing as it can be to admit to yourself that your perfect tan- the tan you’ve spent the last three months perfecting- will completely fade in transitioning seasons, there are so many fabulous things about fall, namely the fashion! Building your wardrobe can be really simple if you adhere to the basics and personalize from there. Here are five wardrobe staples that can help you to kill it on campus:

A leather jacket: Whether it’s adding a leather jacket to a casual daytime look to give it an edgier feel or building your look around it for a night out, a leather jacket is an absolute must for any wardrobe. Leather jackets are so easy because you can work them into essentially any outfit! There’s a jacket for every budget, from All Saints to H&M, you can easily find one to complete your look with ease.

Cargo Leather Biker Jacket, All Saints (Available at AllSaints.com), $540

Leather Biker Jacket, Zara (Available at Zara.com), $249

Biker Jacket, H&M (Available at hm.com), $49.95

A go-to pair of jeans: It’s important to realize that for the classroom- less is always more. Let’s be real, no one wants to be labeled as the girl who spends three hours perfecting her outfit, mistaking a dull college classroom for the stage at the Emmy’s. That’s why jeans are usually the best way to look stylish and casual at the same time. This season boyfriend jeans have really blown up, and pairing them with a casual top is perfect for class. You also can’t go wrong with skinny jeans, which are perfect to pair with boots for chilly fall days.

Boyfriend Jean, rag & bone (Available at NeedSupply.com), $198

Slim Astor Boyfriend Jean, Ralph Lauren (Available at RalphLauren.com), $198

Oil Stained Destroyed Boyfriend Jean, Free People (Available at FreePeople.com), $298

A cool pair of sneakers: Surprisingly trendy sneakers have made a fierce comeback, and it’s amazing how chic they can look with an outfit when styled correctly. Whether you go for Converse, Supergas, or a trendy pair of vans-esque slip-ons, the effect is the same- simple and cool. They can look great with boyfriend jeans, skinnies, cords, or denim cutoffs.

San Diego Slip On Sneakers, Splendid (Available at Shopbop.com), $108

Women’s Play Converse Sneakers, Comme Des Garcons (Available at Jcrew.com), $100

Cotu Slip On Sneakers, Superga (Available at Shopbop.com), $65

A versatile tote: A tote to throw your schoolwork and books in doesn’t have to ruin your whole look. There are plenty of neutral totes that help you to travel to and from class in style.

Exclusive Switch It Up Reversible Tan And Black Tote, LuLu’s (Available at Lulus.com), $59

‘York’ buckle tote, Tory Burch (Available at Farfetch.com), $323

Saffiano Large Tote, Mansur Gavriel (Available at Barneys.com), $595

The classic LBD: You can never go wrong with a little black dress when you’re going out. It’s a staple that every girl relies on because with just a few accessories and great heels, you’ve pulled together a sleek look in no time.

Sateen mini dress, T By Alexander Wang (Available at Theoutnet.com), $200

Little Black Dress, Mulberry & Me, Chicago (Available at Shoptiques.com), $149

Black Pleather Mini Dress, Olde Fields Clothing (Available at Shoptiques.com), $44

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.