This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Dressing up and serving looks during the winter season can be challenging, considering the cold nights and impending snow. Staying warm when it’s freezing outside is a must and if you’re looking to ditch piling on countless sweaters and long sleeves, then take a look at these 5 winter coats you are going to want to have in your closet!

1.Sherpa Leopard Print Jacket

Just because it’s almost winter doesn’t mean you have to ditch animal prints entirely; the animal print trend is here to stay! When it starts to snow, leopard print is the perfect way to stand out, while also making a fashion statement. The versatile style can be worn out with a little black dress or can be dressed down for a night out in town.  

2.Teddy Jacket

The “teddy bear” coat is one that can be seen all around campus. The oversized and extremely comfortable fit proves it’s possible to wear a blanket to class. These jackets also come in a wide variety of colors, many of which are reversible, so that there are tons of opportunities to break them out of your closet. Part chic and part cozy, you’re never going to want to take this jacket off.

3.Adidas Cropped Puffer Jacket 

You may be wondering why anyone would want to wear a cropped jacket in the winter, but let me break it down for you. With the Adidas cropped puffer jacket, you will not have to sacrifice style in the name of warmth. If you are looking for a more classic, sporty style with playful pops of color, then you’re in luck!

4.Levi’s Dad Denim Sherpa Tucker Jacket

If there’s one article of clothing that I could not live without, it would be a denim jacket. When it starts getting colder, though, denim jackets are just not enough to keep you warm. A Sherpa denim jacket is the best option approaching the colder nights. 

5.Long Puffer Coat

When push comes to shove, long puffer coats are the most dependable winter jacket that one can have in their closet. These coats have the ability to layer underneath to keep extra warm while also protecting your legs against the harsh cold. The classic black is a fan favorite, but don’t be afraid to play with colors such as green or red. 

Stay Warm, Collegiettes!

Amber Shephard

Fairfield '20

Amber Shephard graduated Fairfield University in 2020 where she majored in Psychology and minored in Marketing. 
I am a Junior Marketing Major with a concentration in digital and social media marketing and a Finance minor at Fairfield University. I am a creative, driven, and hardworking individual who loves fashion and beauty.