3 Ways To Take Advantage of the New RecPlex

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Being a stag just got even better with the addition of the brand new, state of the art RecPlex.  Now we all have the chance to “work from home” and break a sweat without ever having to leave campus.  The Recplex is not your average campus gym. Equipped with a cardio floor, weight training area, studios, and a packed schedule of fitness classes; there is something for everyone. Here are the best ways to make the most of all that the RecPlex has to offer!

1. Try something new! Whether you’re a runner, swimmer, or Zumba pro- its always a good idea to change up your fitness routine to keep it fresh and exciting. With so many opportunities to explore different classes or just try a new cardio machine, there’s no better time than right now to discover your hidden love for yoga. Class schedules are posted weekly, so there will always be a workout that fits into your busy day.
  2. Make a schedule! With so many class opportunities, it’s easy to be overwhelmed. Make a schedule and sign up for your favorite classes each week. You can even make a bucket list goal to try them all before the end of the semester. By organizing your time, you’ll have something to look forward to and keep you motivated. Also, it is convenient to pick a time of day that works for you to workout. Sticking to the same schedule on a day-to-day basis will keep you motivated.
  3. Go with friends! With all of the new equipment and classes, the RecPlex is basically the campus equivalent of our elementary school playgrounds. Grab your friends and head on over for a sweat session that will leave you feeling super pumped.

SaveSave

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.