3 Ways to Stay Organized for Advising

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Collegiettes, it’s that time of year when we are all swamped with midterms, deadlines, and now, advising for next semester is coming up! We all know how stressful everything can be and the last thing on our minds is advising. As our girl Jordan Sparks would say, “just take one step at a time” and take a break.

We know how overwhelming it can be thinking about next semester already, so here are 3 ways to stay organized this advising season!

1. The plan ahead feature on My.Fairfield is a must for course registration and is one of the most useful tools available to all students. This site allows you to create up to five different schedule plans for the upcoming semester – talk about a #lifesaver! Rather than rushing minutes before registration time, use the plan ahead tool to create different schedules so that you are beyond prepared!

2. Okay ladies, we all know that professors can make or break a course, and some are certainly better than others. We all have registered for a class that we are beyond excited for, and then we have a professor that doesn’t meet our expectations. To avoid this from happening, use Rate My Professor where past students honestly grade each professor based on their difficulty and the students’ likeliness to take them again.

3. While this is a requirement in order to receive your pin for registration, your academic advisor is also an expert and will not steer you wrong! Definitely meet with your advisor sooner rather than later to reduce all your nerves so that you are guaranteed next semester will be the best one to date!

Don’t stress about registration Collegiettes, we got this! Happy advising!

Kallan Hook

Fairfield '21

Hi! My name is Kallan Hook, I am a Sophomore Accounting major at Fairfield University. When i'm not writing for Her Campus you can catch me hanging out with my friends, exploring downtown Fairfield, or hiking with my dogs! I am super pumped to be a part of Her Campus and look forward for what is to come this year!
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com