20 Things We Forgot to Thank Our Best Friends For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

1. Thank you for allowing me to be your best friend. I couldn’t imagine life without you.

2. Thank you for the countless hours of listening to me talk about my Philosophy crush.

3. Thank you for letting me cry on your carpet when my crush totally ignored me at that party.

4. Thank you for always being hungry when I am.

5. Thank you for coming downstairs to the sketchy laundry room when I had to do my laundry.

6. Thank you for taking care of me when I got the Fairfield Flu.

7. Thank you for making sure I am always well hydrated after a night out.

8. Thank you for being my personal therapist and listening to me b*tch about anything and everything.

9. Thank you for all of the Netflix suggestions and for staying up with me until 3 a.m. to watch them with me.

10. Thank you for watching my 135 seconds worth of Snapchats that I sent to you during my 8 a.m.

11. Thank you for always defending me—no matter what crazy thing I do or say.

12. Thank you for laughing at my jokes that I am always making.

13. Thank you for liking my Instagram’s and retweeting my tweets.

14. Thank you for never judging me based on my irrational choices and decisions.

15. Thank you for telling me that it’s okay to have a nervous breakdown.

16. Thank you for helping me clean my dorm room when I was too lazy to do it myself.

17. Thank you for all of the countless water bottles and snacks that I’ve taken from you.

18. Thank you for never letting me procrastinate on doing my homework alone.

19. Thank you for all the outfits that you have helped me pick out (and lent me.)

20. Thank you for all of the laughs, memories, and good times that I’ve had with you. 

I dream of eating waffles with Amy Poehler and climbing to the top of Corporate America specifically in the fashion industry. Amy P hasn't responded to my emails, so in the meantime, I'm your typical college student who is majoring in Accounting. I'm a self-proclaimed Diet Coke and Twitter addict and I will never go a day without them. I hate the gym so don't look for me there. Finally, follow me on Twitter @gabbyycapello or Instagram @gabbycapello!
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.