18 Things That Will Make You Feel Extremely Old

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

They say time flies when you’re having fun, but what we don’t realize is just how old we are actually becoming. Us collegiettes are so absorbed in our college careers that we fail to realize just how many years have actually passed us by. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking; being a twenty-something is not that old. Just to reminisce, here are 18 things that will simply make you feel aged:

1.  High School Musical, a Disney classic, came out 10 years ago.

2. Justin Bieber’s first single, “One Time”, was released 7 years ago.

3. Britney Spears’ children, Sean and Jayden Federline, will be turning 11 and 10 years old, respectively, this year.

4. The last episode of Disney’s Hannah Montana aired 5 years ago.

5. American Idol is currently airing its 15th Season, with its first season airing in 2002.

6Kidz Bop has released 31 albums, and NOW That’s What I Call Music has released 57.

7Mean Girls is celebrating its 12th anniversary this year.

8It has been 10 years since Disney has created a VCR tape.

9Some members of the Backstreet Boys are in their 40s.

10Angelica from Rugrats would turn 27 this year if she aged like we did.

11The original Game Boy was discontinued in 2003, 13 years ago.

12. Finding Nemo is also 13 years old.

13Degrassi ended last year, after airing 14 year’s worth of dramedy. 

14. The Motorola Razr, aka the ~coolest~ phone, was released in 2004, 11 years ago.

15Paris Hilton’s My New BFF aired in 2008, 8 years ago.

16“Genie in a Bottle” by Christina Aguilera is old enough to get its driver’s license this year.

17Some kids that are starting high school were born after 2000.

18. The year 1996 is as far away as the year 2036; just let that sink in.

Do you feel old yet?

Follow Alyssa on Instagram and Twitter!

Hey ladies! I'm Alyssa Vicari, a loyal Long Islander from Fairfield's class of 2018. I am a sophomore finance major and marketing minor who loves everything about the fall and everything about coffee. When I'm not studying or writing for HC, you can probably find me at the beach, the mall, watching Netflix, or doing any other thing that #basic college girls enjoy. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @alyssavicari !
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.