18 Reasons Why You Were Late to Class Today

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

1. You hit the snooze button five times too many.

2. Your bed was just so warm and the outside world was just so cold.

3. You needed to take a few minutes to really motivate yourself to start the day.

4. You spent 20 minutes debating if you are going to wash your hair or not–dry shampoo it is!

5. The whole dry shampoo thing didn’t work out so you try out a cute bun and that is also a fail so you opt for a hat.

6. You needed to find an outfit that matches said hat.

7. It took you 15 minutes to find your new pair of jeans.

8. You decided to do full makeup (yes contouring and all) despite the fact that you are wearing a hat.

9. You tried to perfect your winged eyeliner.

10. You determine that the first outfit you had on was awful so you spent another ten minutes changing into a new one.

11. …only to change back into the first one.

12. You forgot to do your homework–time to quickly write that reflection on the reading you didn’t do.

13. You got distracted and started clicking on Her Campus articles.

14. You walked out the door got halfway to Canisus and realized you left your textbook in your room–time to walk back.

15. On your way back you stopped for coffee because you couldn’t possibly fathom starting your day without it.

16. The line for coffee was insane…but you decided that coffee was far more important than being on time.

17. But they made your drink totally wrong!

18. You saw the cute guy from your Spanish class and chatted on the way to class even if it meant you were going to be late (it was totally worth it!)

Follow Amanda on Twitter and Instagram

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.