18 Reasons We Love Darty Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

After what feels like years, spring has officially arrived, and with its return comes every college student’s favorite season: Darty Season! Time to break out the Jack Rodgers and cute sundresses! As you start counting the days until the next Point day, enjoy these 18 reasons we love dartying.

1. It gives you an excuse to start drinking before noon.

2. It is a change of pace than the typical Saturdays spent in bed.

3. We can ditch the heels and tight dress for comfy sun dress and sandals.

4. No need to worry about how your make up looks, because sunglass will take care of that.

5. Your Darty Intas are pretty much guaranteed to get more likes…

6. And that being said, pictures on the beach, or in the sun, always look better.

7. You get tan while hanging out and partying with your friends.

8. It’s a legitimate excuse to get a Village Bagel and carb up.

9. Darty music is almost 100% better than going out music.

10. MIMOSAS….Enough said

11. Darty season is a genuine reason to go on a shopping spree for cute new outfits

12. Darties are the best cure for last night’s hangover.

13. Drinking games are more fun, because you are not at a crowed party, or in a tiny dorm room.

14. No need to really pregame, because the whole day is a pregame.

15. You get to end the day with Beachside…or your drunk food of choice.

16. Darties usually lead to awesome naps.

17. You’re most likely so wiped you go to bed early, which means you can actually function the next day.

18. And everyone is just happier when Dartying.

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.