etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

17 Struggles of Waiting For Summer As Told By the Real Housewives

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

As the warm weather approaches and darty season is just about to begin, we can’t help but anticipate just how amazing this summer is going to be. The only issue, however, is that it is still a whole 3 months away. Until then, we will sit back and wait for the most #epic time of year. Here are 17 struggles of waiting for summer (as told by our faves, the ladies of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills).

1.     You purchase a whole new wardrobe for your spring break vacay, but realize you can’t wear it at home for a few more weeks.

2.     The “warm” 45-degree weather starts to tease you, and you question if you can start walking around campus in your jean shorts and flip-flops yet.

3.     Then a cold winter day hits you like a mack truck and you resort back to your parka and bean boots.

4.     You get a package notification from the mailroom thinking it’s your new summer dress, but it’s actually that sweater you bought a month ago from Urban that you remember was back-ordered.

5.     You try to be ~risky~ and leave your building in just a sweatshirt, but then you freeze on your walk to Dolan and regret every minute of that decision.

6.     You decide to go for a nice stroll around campus thinking it’s a beautiful day, and then the wind picks up and you are once again left cold, and far from your building.

7.     You start to get emails for summer wardrobes at your favorite stores, and realize that it’s not even spring yet.

8.     After sending your winter coat home with your mom last weekend, you see that the weatherman has forecasted snow in 2 days. Summer would never betray you like that.

9.     You have a strong urge to chug Piña Coladas and Strawberry Daiquiris at pre-games, but realize that those drinks are only acceptable on the beach in Cancún or in the summer months.

10. You are sick of drinking hot coffee, because iced just makes your hands freeze on the way to your 8 a.m.

11. You drive to Fairfield Beach on the reg, begging for it to be warm enough to lay out in the sun.

12. Country music keeps making its way into your current playlist, which is unacceptable, as everyone knows that those songs are summer songs.

13. You attempt to drive with your windows down and sunroof open, but have to close it within 20 seconds because your windshield got awkwardly foggy due to the temperature difference inside vs. outside your car.

14. You are sick of being sick, and know that summer is the only thing that can strengthen your immune system. (Like seriously, is anyone ever sick in the summertime?

15. You sit through history twice a week, counting down the amount of classes you have left because it is just that awful. Halfway there, people.

16. You have been working on that #summerbod and are totally over it.

17. You are so tired of having responsibilities, and know that summer can cure all of your stresses in life.

Hey ladies! I'm Alyssa Vicari, a loyal Long Islander from Fairfield's class of 2018. I am a sophomore finance major and marketing minor who loves everything about the fall and everything about coffee. When I'm not studying or writing for HC, you can probably find me at the beach, the mall, watching Netflix, or doing any other thing that #basic college girls enjoy. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @alyssavicari !
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.