17 Items That Need To Be On Your Stags Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Fairfield University is one heck of a fun place to be. These four years of our lives are ones that we will remember 50 years down the line. There are so many activities to do, people to meet and things to see. So naturally, us Stags need our very own bucket list for our special home away from home. Here are the 17 items that need to be on your Stags bucket list before you graduate:

1. Hike to the Townhouses

This one is inevitable, and you probably checked it off your list on the first night freshman year. Trudging up the hill to the townhouses to experience your first college parties (and every other one after that) is a must. It may be painful, especially in the winter, but you’ve got your girlfriends looking fabulous and ready to have a good time!

2. Experience a Point Day

One of the best features of our campus is that we are only a short distance away from the sun, sand, and water. Saturdays, my friends, are for the point! Did you really go to Fairfield if you didn’t spend your Saturdays partying on the sand with your fellow stags?

3. Attend Prez Ball & Meet the President

A night filled with dancing, food, best friends, and great music is where everyone should be. There’s no better way to ring in the new school year than with our annual Presidential Ball. Not only do you get to meet our school president, but it is the perfect opportunity to buy that new dress you were eyeing up at Apricot Lane for weeks, and dance the night away with the whole school.

4. Weekend Trip with the Roomies

One of the best parts of college is that you get to live with all of your best friends. Sometimes it is okay to want to get away from campus and go on a crazy adventure. The stories, the memories, and the pure essence of life will be so worth it. So pack your bags, and go on a weekend getaway with the girls!

5. Spontaneous Trips to the City

Speaking of adventures – we have access to a direct train line to New York City, one of the best cities in the world! Hop on a train, and go explore a new area of the concrete jungle, try a new restaurant, or just take a seat in central park to relax and enjoy the scenery.

6. Hike the Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant State Park is the perfect location for a weekend day-trip! It is the best place to go to explore nature, get some exercise, and of course, take some awesome photos. The climb may be tough, but we all know the view will be great.

7. Ride the Stag Bus to Town

The Stag Bus is super convenient, and can take you just about anywhere you need to go! Hopping on, (or if you’re always ~fashionably late~, running to) the Stag Bus is an awesome bonus of going to Fairfield U. Whether you’re going to the mall, Whole Foods, or into town, the Stag Bus is there for you during the years that you don’t have a car on campus.

8. Attend Midnight Breakfast

One of the classic Fairfield traditions is the Midnight Breakfast right before finals and Christmas break. Our school gets together to celebrate the holiday season by cooking up some late night breakfast, wearing festive outfits, and dancing to music all night long! Honestly, we couldn’t’t think of a better way to spend a late night out before finals – so this tradition is a must on your Stags bucket list!

9. Take Advantage of Abroad Opportunities

Whether it is for a semester, or just a couple weeks in the summer – going abroad will change your life. The people you will meet, the food you will eat, and the iconic landmarks you will see will stay with you forever. Our Study Abroad office can answer all of your questions and help you find the best program for you!

10. Sled Down the Chapel Hill

If it is going to snow and classes are cancelled, why not make the most of it? Your inner child is practically begging you to go out and take advantage of your snow day. Grab those sleds of yours and get out there for a thrill – you know you want to.

11. Watch the Sun Set at Sasco Beach

Sometimes after a long week, you just need to grab some friends and sandwiches from Firehouse Deli, and head to the beach to watch the sun set. Plus, those artsy Instagram pictures of the color changing sky are screaming your name.

12. Swim in the Sound

Whether it be during a point day, a casual dip on a beautiful day, or even the Polar Plunge in the middle of the winter, swimming in the sound needs to be done!

13. Treat Yourself to a Nice Dinner Downtown

You just finished writing 4 papers, took 2 exams, and read hundreds of pages for all of your classes combined. There are so many ~amazing~ restaurants in Fairfield to try so, treat yo’ self girl!

14. Ask Out that Classmate You’ve Been Eyeing for the Past Three Years

Girl, who ever said the guy has to make the first move? Who knows, maybe your longtime crush really is your ~stagmate~.

15. Attend ~All~ of the Jams

Clam Jam, Sham Jam, all of the Jams!! What more could we possibly want other than holiday themed parties and concerts on the beach?!

16. Go to The Seagrape

21st birthdays are a big deal in Stag Country because you ~finally~ can go to the infamous Seagrape – where you will have countless of embarrassing stories for years to come. Let’s not forget those $2 Tuesdays.

17. Ride the Stag

You absolutely have to ride the Stag during your time here at Fairfield. It is a must!

Adriana is currently a second semester senior at Fairfield University. She is majoring in Communication and English with a concentration in creative writing as well as a double minor in marketing and women, gender and sexuality studies.              
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com