person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

The 17 Emotional Stages of When a Cute Boy Likes Your Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

1. There’s a new cutie in your English class: score! After gathering the courage to chat him up, you eventually get even more gutsy and decide to follow him on Instagram.

2. When he doesn’t reply to your request right away, you get nervous.

3. Sooner or later, he accepts your request. And much to your surprise, he’s #teamfollowback.

4. The moment after your get the notification, the stalking begins.

5. Before you know it, you’ve reached photos back from his 2009 trip to Six Flags. LOL

6. You can’t but stare in awe at all of his photos. How could one person be so attractive?

7. A few days later, you decide to snap a quick selfie with your girls before you head out for a Friday night, and then upload it straight to Instagram. Pics or it didn’t happen, amirite?

8. Much to your surprise, you check your phone an hour later, and your jaw drops.

9. The cutie from English liked your selfie!

10. You guys are so meant to be.

11. What does this mean now?

12. Is he in love with me?

13. Why doesn’t he just tell me to my face?

14. Oh my god, but now he just liked Amanda’s picture

15.  No no no. That’s so not ok.

16. I thought we had something special.

17. Oh well, there’s always that cutie in my Calc class. What’s his Insta name?

Aileen is a senior communication major and marketing minor who resides in Westchester, NY. She is a Executive Features Editor at Her Campus Fairfield and loves online shopping, snuggling with her dog, and working out. the Follow her on Instagram @aklindy!
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.