16 Ways the Gilmore Girls Get You During Syllabus Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Any experienced collegiette could tell you that the first week back at school never turns out quite the way you expected it to. From the highs to the lows of syllabus week, the Gilmore Girls just get us.

1. From last minute packing to loading and unloading the car, move in day is a manual labor filled nightmare that nobody looks forward to.

2. Until you are finally reunited with your friends after what seemed like an endlessly long summer.

3. And you spend the rest of the week re-enacting everything that happened to you this summer… in great detail.

4. But in reality, not much has changed since last semester and you immediately sink back into your college routine and habits.

5. You are already over the dining hall food after a few days, and naturally resort to ordering pizza.

6. As you enjoy your first few drinks with your besties, you justify going out even with so many classes the following day.

7. You are ready to celebrate the new semester, catch up with your fellow classmates and take in the glory that is the Townhouse and/or beach party.

8. Until the next morning when you have to get up for class…

9. Then, the struggle is real because you have nothing to wear.

10. And you seriously question your sanity when you remember you willingly registered for 8 a.m. classes!?

11. Yet you still get to class prepared and on time because you know deep down you will love (almost) every second of it.

12. And everything is going great… until your professors tell you all the large and expensive books you need to buy.

13. Plus there is always that one professor who assigns homework during syllabus week.

14. By the time class ends, all you want to do is nap.

15. But instead you grab some much-needed caffeine…

16. Because you are only a college student for a few years and you don’t want to waste a second of it!

Megan is a Fairfield University senior majoring in English and journalism from Long Island, New York. She is the Fashion Director and a devoted writer for Her Campus Fairfield as well as a part-time Editorial Web Intern at Cosmopolitan.com in New York City. Some of Megan's favorite things are the beach, Spotify playlists, Harry Potter and Instagram. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram! 
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.