16 Things We Need to Thank Our Best Guy Friends For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

1. For listening to every last detail about the guy I like.   I know you now know much more than you wanted to (i.e what he wore last night, how he smiled when he said hi to me), but thank you for listening anyways. 

2. For bringing me Chipotle.  Even when I say I don’t want anything, thank you for knowing that means I’m craving chips and salsa.

3. For giving the best hugs.  And for having no limit as to how many you give me before we say goodbye to each other.  Thank you for never letting go until I’m ready.

4. For swallowing your pride and telling me which outfit to wear.  “Those shoes look better than the other ones,” must not be easy words to choke out.  But thank you for saying them anyways because frankly, you’re usually right.

5. For having the best mom ever.  You know she’d do anything in her power for us to date.  She just loves me more than you.  Thank you for having the best second mom ever that showers me with compliments and love.

6. For being just as disgusted when people think we’re together. “Have you hooked up?” “Do you like them??”  Thank you for answering “no” just as quickly as I would.

7. For having really comfortable sweatshirts.  And for not getting mad when I steal them every time I leave your house.  They’re just so much better than mine!

8. For always protecting me.  First by telling me that I’m better than him, then by threatening to beat him up if he hurts me again.  Thank you for making me see my worth.

9. For giving me the push I need. Yes, I know I don’t always listen.  No, I haven’t tried to do it yet.  But, thank you for pushing me forward anyway.

10. For a reliable “see a chug send a chug” competition.  Every. Single. Weekend.  Thank you for always replying and occasionally letting me win.

11. For never blatantly saying “I told you so.” Despite the fact that you did.  I know you were right, you know you were right.  But thank you for never explicitly pointing it out.

12. For never getting uncomfortable if I cry.  Sometimes it’s just going to happen.  And no matter how many times I have to say goodbye to you, the tears are gonna fall.  Thank you for never being uncomfortable with this, but for holding me tighter.

13. For sending the best snapchats. Ever.  My personal favorites being the ones I open when I wake up.  Thank you for always making me laugh with your pretty face and crazy antics.

14. For never getting annoyed and telling me to shut up.  Despite the fact we text 24/7, and despite the fact most of the things I say are irrelevant.  Thank you for answering anyways and never telling me to go away.

15. For doing your best to decode my Saturday night texts.  “I lov yooOu” is an easy (and frequent) one, but thank you for doing your best to understand and respond to the others no matter what the time of night.

16. For being there no matter what.  No matter what time it is, or what situation I’ve gotten myself into, thank you for being there.  Thanks for being the best guy friend a girl could ask for.

Follow Lauren on Twitter!

Lauren is a sophomore studying Computer Engineering at Fairfield University.  A proud Bostonian, she has a heavy reliance on iced coffee and says "wicked" far too often.Follow Lauren on Twitter!
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!