14 Signs You’re a Hopeless Romantic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.
  1. You never seem to get sick of watching Nicholas Sparks movies: The Last Song, Dear John, and A Walk To Remember to name a few. Not to mention, your favorite romance novels are tear stained and dog-eared.
  2. You cry at some point during any movie—especially if it’s by Disney. YouTube videos and the occasional commercial can get the best of you too. The YouTube videos that will always make you shed a tear are the Surprise Soldier Homecomings.
  3. Crying also applies to certain songs such as “Sugar,” “All of Me,” “I Lived,” and “How To Save a Life.” We’re all guilty of a love song playlist.
  4. You’re genuinely happy for your friends who find themselves in relationships even when you are single yourself. You’re always there to give the upbeat advice when some of these relationships end.
  5. You have to fight the urge to tell your friends that you love them almost every day.
  6. When your favorite celebrity couples decided to divorce, a piece of your heart breaks.
  7. You secretly get excited when you see Facebook friends getting engaged and then uploading their wedding photos.
  8. Your heart can’t not smile when your crush says “hi” in a public place on campus.
  9. You imagine a long-term relationship with your many crushes daily.
  10. Speaking of long-term relationships, you may or may have not written out your potential marriage name before, and you might have even said it out loud once or twice.
  11. You have a wedding board on Pinterest, and your first dance already picked. The future groom has absolutely no say.
  12. Believing that your Prince Charming still exists—no matter how many times you’ve been hurt.
  13. Regardless of your relationship status, you still love Valentine’s Day. It’s a day dedicated to telling your loved ones and friends how much they mean to you and obviously eating yummy desserts!
  14. There’s no denying that you’re a hopeless romantic. You’re in touch with your emotional side and people around you appreciate that! You continually share your love with all who are around you, no matter how many times love hasn’t worked out. Keep being amazing and go cry over that ridiculously cute video of the cat playing with a piece of string. 
I dream of eating waffles with Amy Poehler and climbing to the top of Corporate America specifically in the fashion industry. Amy P hasn't responded to my emails, so in the meantime, I'm your typical college student who is majoring in Accounting. I'm a self-proclaimed Diet Coke and Twitter addict and I will never go a day without them. I hate the gym so don't look for me there. Finally, follow me on Twitter @gabbyycapello or Instagram @gabbycapello!
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!