sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

13 Simply Romantic Gestures Every Collegiette Loves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

1. When he asks you on a coffee date. Girls love coffee, it’s as simple as that. Even if you don’t, there’s always a good smoothie at Einstein’s.

2. When he helps you study. It is beyond sweet when a guy is concerned with how you are doing, even academically. Any guy who will help color code your notes or make flashcards is an absolute keeper.

3. When he surprises you with a little gift. It can be small, like a favorite type of candy or a funny rented movie, and it’s the perfect pick-me-up for a bad case of the Monday blues.

4. When he holds your hand in public. It may seem very “middle school romance” but the hook up culture is prominent on college campuses and little displays of affection are assuring that he really cares.

5. When he leaves you a random note. We don’t need an elaborate, Nicholas Sparks-inspired love letter but a cute message in our notebook or our inbox is sure to make any girl smile.

6. When he takes you on a fall date. This season is absolutely perfect for romance! Who doesn’t love to go pumpkin picking or warm up with hot chocolate at a sporting event?

7. When he dances with you if you ask, no complaints. Even if he’s a terrible dancer, it’s adorable that he is willing to suck up his pride and be goofy and romantic.

8. When he opens the door for you. Chivalry isn’t dead, gentlemen!

9. When he is spontaneous with you. College is stressful and sometimes the only remedy is adventure. It’s definitely attractive when a guy is willing to go with the flow and try new experiences.

10. When he takes care of you when you’re sick. Sometimes all we need to feel better is chicken soup, Netflix, a good book, and someone to be our pillow.

11. When he cooks you dinner. Or, at least, when he tries to. It’s the thought that counts.

12. When he plans a road trip for the two of you. We all love a guy who takes initiative and plans a date, plus nothing beats taking the scenic route with good music and a cute boy.

13. When he tells you that you’re beautiful. Whether we are dressing up to go out Saturday night or are studying in the lounge on a Wednesday, what girl doesn’t appreciate a genuine compliment?

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.