Whether you are there for the entire semester or just a few weeks, studying in a different country is a completely new and crazy experience. While abroad, we are constantly thinking about things that hadn’t crossed our minds before. Here are 12 things every person studying abroad has thought about during their time there.
1. It’s going to take a while to get used to this time change
2. I miss my friends and family so much
3. The architecture is so much different than America
4. I have no idea what the natives are saying
5. I don’t even need to go to the gym. I’m losing weight by walking everywhere!
6. Why is America the only country that doesn’t use the metric system?
7. I almost forgot, I’m here to study
8. I feel like I’m using Monopoly money when I pay with Euros
9. The food is amazing!
10. Heels may be cute, but they’re impossible to walk in on cobblestone streets
11. Why was I so scared to come here?
12. How am I ever going to leave this place?