12 Things You’ll Overhear During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s the most wonderful STRESSFUL time of the year! “Tis the season for highlighters, all-nighters and notable caffeine abuse! As you find yourself milling about campus this week, probably moving only to get coffee or find another study sport, you are sure to hear a lot of chatter about finals week. Whether it’s people complaining about their workload, the professor that’s out to get them, the last time they’ve seen daylight, etc., you’re sure to hear some, if not all, of the following.

1. “This is legit my sixth cup of coffee.”2. “My professor put things on the review sheet that we didn’t even go over in class, and it’s just like seriously, why do you hate us.”3. “All I want to do right now is cuddle up and watch Christmas movies but instead I have to study for this stupid final.”4. “This paper doesn’t even make sense but whatever, I’m over it at this point.”5. “I can’t even remember what my bed looks like.”6. *scrolls through Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitt-* “OH MY GOD, I HAVE TO STOP PROCRASTINATING.”7. “[Professor’s name here] is such a hardo, his/her final is going to be impossible, I know it.”8. “I’ve seriously been in the lib forever.”9. “Wait, do you think they’d be willing to send me their study guide?”10. “Of course, my final would be at 8 AM.”11. “Can I just fast-forward to winter break already?”12. “Honestly, I don’t even care about my GPA at this point, I just want to be done.”

If I lived in a perfect world, I would sit around all day in sweatpants, eating goodies from my local farmer’s market and writing (hopefully) witty and interesting essays about the minutiae of everyday life. My life philosophy, which particularly applies to food and music, is “Don’t bash it ‘til you try it.” I think everyone should invest in a sense of humor. I’m still trying to figure out what it is that I want to do, but in the meantime I’m going to attend college as an English major, abuse my Netflix account, take too many pictures, embrace any meal that involves avocado, avoid math like it's a deadly disease and let the good times roll. Follow me on Twitter, @MKateItorLoveIt!
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!