12 Signs Juno is Giving You Cabin Fever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Snow Day (in this case, Blizzard Juno): a gift from the snow goddess Elsa herself. We students relish any chance we get to avoid classes, making snow days the top of our list including power outages, national holidays, and the rarity of our professors catching the common cold. What we undoubtedly forget is how little we actually have to do in our already lazy lives.

1. You wake up on your day off and immediately reach for the laptop and Cheerios. We ‘bout to Netflix this b*tch all day and night.

2. You get through about three episodes of Scandal and the impossible happens. You’re … bored?!?!

3. You never thought this day would come, but it has and you must overcome it.

4. You look for solace in a less traditional activity. Perhaps arts and crafts made up merely of the eaten over snacks and your imagination?

5. A short thirty minutes later you realize your mediocre snowflake decorations are less satisfying than salad pizza (seriously though, pizza without the cheese is like the hug without the squeeze).

6. Perhaps you were just in the wrong branch of crafting. Decorations are only fun to look at for a millisecond, so you use that untapped creative potential and make your own game.

7. After cutting out and coloring all of the pieces to “Pin the Part on Frosty”, you realize you have nobody to play with because, unlike the rut you are experiencing, they’re all happily Netflix-binging.

8. As you glance at your window and ponder your next move, you notice the already paved sledding trails on the library hill. Eh, can’t hurt.

9. But it does. Four face-plants and two lost gloves later, you remember why physical activity is never an option.

10. You head back to your dorm in hopes to be inspired to fill your void day and an evil thought floods your mind: “Why don’t I do homework?”

11. You never thought such words would come into mind. On a snow day, no less!

12. And so here we are, our precious day off tainted by the wickedness of boredom, and we realize we’ve hit rock bottom. Juno, you’ve kept us captive for too. Damn. Long.

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!