alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

12 Reasons to Be Single in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

With Valentine’s Day filling the month, it is inevitable that some single girls will be a little bit bummed that they do not have a significant other to spend the day with. Here are 12 reasons why you should be single in college, coming from a single girl herself.

1. Who actually wants to snuggle in a twin XL bed? It is tiny as it is! And even worse if it is lofted.

2. It is cheaper to be single. When you are single, you do not have to spend money on your significant other for dates and presents. Sorry boys, but Dominos > you. 

3. You do not have to make anyone happy except YOU! When you are dating, you feel that you have to keep your significant other happy at all times. But worrying about you and your own mental health can be your top priority. 

4. You can use Tinder. And laugh at the ridiculous messages that you receive. 

5. You do not have to impress his friends. If you wanna be his lover, you ~gotta~ get with his friends. 

6. No awkward family dinners. “So what are you going to do with that major, exactly?”

7. You do not have to shave unless you want to. Ain’t ~nobody~ got time for that. And can we talk about how expensive razors are?! 

8. You can flirt with the bartender, and totally capitalize on free drinks. 

9. PDA is gross anyway. #Singlelife.

10. No cheesy anniversary Instas. Admit it, everyone gets a little bit annoyed seeing those on their Instagram feed, and you probably feel a little annoying about posting them. 

11. You can rock out to “Single Ladies”. We know you can sing all the lyrics. 

12. You can make out with who ever you want. Random DFMOs, totally acceptable.

The single lifestyle is full of independence and carefree adventures. It’s a beautiful thing! ENJOY IT! 

Aileen is a senior communication major and marketing minor who resides in Westchester, NY. She is a Executive Features Editor at Her Campus Fairfield and loves online shopping, snuggling with her dog, and working out. the Follow her on Instagram @aklindy!
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant