10 Times Drake Lyrics Accurately Describe College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

With every album that he drops, Drake provides us with catchy beats and lyrics that are just too relatable. College just wouldn’t be college without the stress and parties that come along with it, and, somehow, Champagnepapi puts all our feelings into his songs.

Here are just a few times Drizzy accurately described college:

1.Over- “I know way too many people here right now that I didn’t know last year.”

Going to college means meeting new people; a lot of new people. Between classes, clubs, sports and your residence hall, you’re bound to make a bunch of new friends.

2.For Free- “I know you working day and night to get a college degree.”

There’s no denying college is rough, but in the end, all those late night study sessions will be worth it when you ~finally~ get your degree.  

3.Pop Style- “Dropped outta school, now we dumb rich.”

While you know the degree is worth it, Drake makes it sound a little too easy to call it quits on your college education. I mean, every student debates it at some point or another during their four years.

4.The Motto- “You only live once, that’s the motto.”

College is the perfect time to try new things and have incredible experiences. Try new foods, go on a weekend road trip with your friends, or study abroad. After all, college is the best four years of your life so live it up!

5.Energy- “Got a lotta people tryna drain me of my energy.”

So basically, Drake’s subtweeting your professors. From essays to tests, professors really know how to pile on the work. All-nighter in the library, anyone?!

6.Headlines- “Drinking every night because we drink to my accomplishments.”

Sometimes you’re celebrating getting an A+ on your paper, other times you’re celebrating just getting through another day. In college, the reason doesn’t really matter; we’ll drink to that!

7.Best I Ever Had– “You’re all I ever wanted.”

After a fab night out, this is your only thought when you and your girls decide to order pizza. Extra cheese, please!

8.The Resistance- “Half the time I got it right, I probably guessed.”

Clearly Drake didn’t study for some of his tests either. Looks like he’s just like us!

9.Right Hand– “You’re my right hand, you’re my go to.”

You wouldn’t be able to survive college without your bestie! Whether it be your roommate, that girl you met in class, or a whole ~squad~ they’ve got your back!

10.Started From the Bottom– “Started from the bottom, now we’re here.”

Graduation day might as well be a holiday. After four long years of working super hard, you finally get your diploma and are ready to ~slay the real world~ Go you!

Jennie is a sophomore Communication major at Fairfield University. She is also the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Fairfield! You can usually find her typing away on her laptop, blasting Drake, with an iced coffee by her side.
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.