10 Times Blake Lively Ruled the World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

1. When she was voted “class clown” in high school. Blake was also class president, a varsity cheerleader, and a member of the National Show Choir and the Key Club. With all of her well-rounded accomplishments, she would have made the perfect Stag! 

2. When she had a real-life romance with Gossip Girl co-star Penn Badgley in 2007. No wonder the chemistry seemed so real between Serena and Lonely Boy. The two young celebrities dated for two and a half years and Penn says that they remained “ultimately professional” even after the break up.

3. When she was BFFs with none other than Beyoncé. She has fangirled in interviews for years and has recently become close friends with Queen Bey, posing for pictures at multiple events. 

4. When she made TIME Magazine’s list of the 100 Most Influential People of 2011. Baz Luhrmann, the director of the Great Gatsby, wrote that “every now and then, an actor or actress manages to somehow channel the vitality of youth — that indefinable, natural, unprocessed glamour full of possibility and filled with anticipation for an endless future. I’ve known Blake the actress, and I’ve known Blake the person, who would surprise many with her down-to-earth coolness. She makes you feel that she, and life, are going to go on forever.” Not only is Blake absolutely stunning but she has the intelligence and compassion to match. 

5. When she launched her own lifestyle website. Blake is the editor of http://www.preserve.us and says that the cornerstone idea of Preserve is that “everyone has a story to tell.” While she admits that she is “no editor, no artisan, [and] no expert,” she is hungry for experiences and Preserve allows her to explore that.

6. When she placed in the top five hottest women of 2010, according to Maxim Magazine. Blake is undoubtedly one of the most effortlessly glamorous women in Hollywood and she is my #womancrusheveryday.

7. When she was a proud advocate for Obama in the 2008 election. Whether or not you agree with her political ideas, you have to acknowledge that the girl uses her voice and influence for causes that she believes in. Blake and Penn appeared in campaign videos and Public Service Announcements for Obama and openly shared their views for a better world.

8. When she was linked to Ryan Gosling and Leonardo DiCaprio before settling down with Ryan Reynolds. While Gosling took her to Disney World and DiCaprio set sail with her on a yacht, Reynolds won her heart on the set of the Green Lantern. 

9. When she earned $60,000 dollars per episode of Gossip Girl. She reached international fame as party girl Serena Van Der Woodsen and, in just a few days, Blake could earn what we spend on a full year of higher education. 

10. When she was the most beautiful mommy-to-be that you have ever seen. With genes from Blake and Ryan, this might just be the most precious baby in the world.

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.